About Ocean Quest Pools
Ocean Quest Pools by Lew Akins will help you transform your backyard dream into a reality, even if it needs something more than a pool.
We provide the following products and services:
- New Pool
- Sundek Services
- Hot Tub Services
- Hot Tub Sales
- Pool & Hot Tub Accessories
Lew Akins started in the pool business in San Diego in the late ‘70’s. In 1981, his then-employer (Neptune Pools) sent him to Texas.
In 1984, the California headquarters abruptly went out of business, leaving many Austin-area homeowners with unfinished pools. Lew Akins immediately founded Ocean Quest Pools in Austin, and finished every one of those unfinished Neptune pools.
Over the next fifteen years, the Ocean Quest team built and perfected the vanishing edge concept and the “natural pool” concept, and many other innovative designs. In the twelve years from 1987 to 1998, we won well over one hundred industry awards.
In 1998, Lew Akins was ready to move more into the consulting side of the business, so he sold the Austin business to his top designer and salesperson, Sandy Vollentine. Lew Akins formed Ocean Quest Pools By Lew Akins in Belton Texas, and began teaching other pool builders how to build award-winning, breath-taking pools. Later that same year, the National Spa & Pool Institute (NSPI) awarded him with their first-ever Hall Of Fame
Since that time, we’ve built close to 1000 beautiful, innovative and energy-efficient swimming pools - some vanishing edge, some perimeter overflow, some truly spectacular backyard resorts, and many wonderful yet very budget-friendly backyard swimming pools. We have won at least 220 industry awards.
Our company and work has been praised in many magazines. In addition, Lew Akins wrote a column for Pool & Spa News for many years. You can check out some of those articles here.
We are glad you decided to check out our website. To see our award-winning pools, and the many amazing features that are available with today’s pools, just check out our Gallery. Or you can get our free report and DVD. In addition to the various “backyard tours” of our pools, it will give you some great advice about how to choose a pool builder. We hate to admit it, but there are some unscrupulous pool builders out there. And unfortunately, it's not that easy to tell the difference between high quality and “cut corners” pool builders, unless you know what questions to ask. Our report and comparison checklist will give you that, and much more.
A swimming pool should bring you many years of carefree fun and enjoyment. No matter who you choose to build your new backyard dream, we want your pool-buying experience to be a good one. If we can help in any way, just give us a call at (254) 933-8370.
10 Reasons To Choose Ocean Quest Pools
Ocean Quest Pools By Lew Akins is unlike any other builder in Texas. Here are just a few reasons why:
- We’ve won so many design awards, they won’t all fit on one page. (We’ve won at least 220 industry awards, last time we counted.)
- We’re quite picky about the pools we build. We don’t build pools on the cheap, because they’ll cost you more in the long-run. We figure if it’s not good enough for our backyard, it’s probably not good enough for yours either.
- We’re stingy with other people’s money. We’ve chosen energy-efficient pumps, lights and heaters for our pools, because a pool shouldn’t cost a lot to run.
- We’re not saying you’re lazy. But if you’re like us, you’d rather enjoy your pool than maintain it. That’s why we strive for highly-efficient, self-maintaining pool designs and features.
- We’re not just professionals. We’re APSP Certified Building Professionals™, and have been for the last 13 years.
- We’re not just experienced in Vanishing Edge; we actually wrote the book..
- It’s much harder to get into this Hall of Fame. The National Spa And Pool Industry (NSPI) inducted our founder Lew Akins in Feb. 2000.
- We’re close, no matter where you live. With locations in Belton and Waco, we’ve got you covered all over Central Texas.
- Not afraid to think outside the box. We figure if everyone else is doing it, it’s time for us to try something new.
- A FREE DVD, yours for the asking. Give us a call, or go to our website, and we’ll send you or Pool Ideas DVD, along with a helpful buyer’s guide: 15 Questions To Ask Any Pool Builder.
Ocean Quest Pools by Lew Akins is proud to be associated with the following associations.
APSP – “The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
The APSP is the world's largest international trade association representing the swimming pool, spa, hot tub and recreational water industries. APSP is the leading industry advocate promoting professional best practices through education, industry standards, and safety.
APSP members adhere to a code of ethics in business and technical practices and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
The APSP effectively replaced another well-known industry organization known as “National Pool and Spa Institute or NSPI in 2006.
More information at: The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
APSP Member Code of Ethics
All members of The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals agree to be dedicated to and to comply with the following ethical principles and policies:
- To contribute to the health, safety and welfare of the public in the design, manufacture, installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools, spas and hot tubs by complying with all applicable laws, ordinances or regulations and refraining from engaging in fraudulent or deceptive acts or practices.
- To hold all necessary federal, state and local licenses, registrations and permits.
- To hold legally required liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, and bonding.
- To respect and not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others and to refrain from using the property of others without their prior, written consent.
- To advertise products, services and prices truthfully and consistently with all federal, state and local advertising practices requirements.
- To establish prices in a manner that does not involve collusion with a competitor and to clearly communicate such prices to potential customers or clients prior to providing such products or services.
- To provide written sales agreements when such are requested by customers or required by law.
- To comply with the terms of all agreements, oral or written, regarding the provision of products or services.
- To respond to any consumer complaints made to any governmental authority, Better Business Bureau or equivalent nongovernmental authority.
- To exclude from company ownership or senior management any person or entity who or which, within the past three (3) years, has been convicted of or pleaded no contest (or its equivalent) to any felony or other crime involving business or financial practices.
- To use the APSP name, logo and other intellectual property only when and as permitted by APSP, and to cease all such use upon suspension from or termination of membership in APSP.
- To file a complaint with APSP regarding a potential violation of this Code of Ethics only when in possession of credible evidence of such potential violation.
- To cooperate fully with any APSP investigation of a potential violation of this Code of Ethics.
- To encourage utilization of APSP educational offerings as a means of enhancing the professional skills and business integrity of APSP members and their employees
Carecraft is composed of pool/spa designers, builders, and accessory & supply retailers across the United States who have joined together to form a nationwide member-owned association. Only select industry professionals are invited to join, and all must pass rigorous standards of quality control, reputation, and customer relations, in addition to customer concern of each company.
Carecraft was created for consumers to ensure the highest quality in all aspects of pool design & construction. When you invest in a Carecraft member company, you are assured of the finest equipment and experienced workmanship, all at a price that is tailored to your budget and lifestyle.
More information at: CARECRAFT
CBP® - Certified Building Professional®
A Certified Building Professional® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Building Professional® training program. Graduates of the course learn the skills and value system pertaining to high ethical standards, commitment to the highest standards of workmanship and construction, business stability, and superior customer relations. After completion of the training, all graduates must complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis in order to maintain their CBP® certification.
More information at http://apsp.org/education/cbp-for-builders.
HBA – “Home Builders Association (Central Texas)
The Central Texas Home Builders Association (CTHBA) is a 501 (c) 6 non-profit trade association representing all segments of the residential building industry. Its mission is to enhance its members’ ability to provide safe, affordable, quality housing to the citizens of the local communities. The Association does this by promoting positive public policy, providing industry information and education to the members and the public.
They also provide support and training, encouraging ethical behavior and professional standards, and making membership in the Association an essential element of a successful residential building industry company.
The CTHBA is a local chapter of the National Association of Homebuilders (NAHB) and the Texas Association of Homebuilders (TAB). Membership is comprised of over 350 companies across the Central Texas area with a workforce of over 8,000. The jurisdiction encompasses the Greater Fort Hood area, Killeen, Harker Heights, Nolanville, Copperas Cove, Kempner, Lampasas and Gatesville.
More information at: Home Builders Association
International Awards of Excellence
The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP) purchased the rights to the International Awards of Excellence competition, formerly called the Design Awards, from Swimming Pool Weekly publisher Robert Hoffman in 1969.
The competition is open only to APSP member builders, designers, and service and retail firms. Many hundreds of entries are submitted each year, representing member firms across the United States and around the world. More information at: International Awards of Excellence
NSPI Hall of Fame
The National Spa And Pool Institute (now APSP) has, on rare occasion, inducted a few select individuals from the pool industry into their "Hall Of Fame." This recognition is reserved for people who have made a significant contribution to the industry at the local, state and/or national level, and/or in the field of pool safety or technology. We are proud to be one of those rare members of the NSPI Hall of Fame.
Top 50 Builders
Each year the Pool & Spa News magazine researches all the major pool and spa builders in North America based on criteria such as longevity, customer satisfaction, quality ratings, awards, etc. and compiles a list of the Top 50 Builders in the pool and spa industry. We are privileged and proud to be on this list of the Top 50 Builders.
Aqua 100 Hall of Fame
Each year between 1989 and 2010, AQUA Magazine published profiles of 100 of the top spa and pool dealers, builders and service companies in the industry. These outstanding companies were chosen not by their size or sales volume, but by the overall professionalism they displayed in the areas of customer service, store design, product knowledge, craftsmanship and advertising/promotion.
We received what is considered the most prestigious award in the pool industry when inducted into the Hall of Fame by Aqua Magazine. The Hall of Fame recognizes swimming pool companies that have consistently demonstrated the highest levels of professionalism and creativity in customer service, workmanship, store design, promotions, advertising, and product knowledge.
More info at Aqua 100 Hall of Fame.